Classification of Diabetes (CoD) self audit toolkit
We provide downloads for search sets (queries using the MIQUEST interpreter) that you can run in-practice following our comprehensive extraction guides and basic analysis through the analysis spreadsheets. We are continuously developing search sets (both on Read 2 – 5Byte and CTv3 coding systems) and guides for the following systems and flavours: EMIS (LV and PCS), INPS Vision, iSoft Premier/Synergy, Advanced Crosscare and TPP Systm One.
The Classification of Diabetes project was commissioned and supported by NHS Diabetes and the Royal College of General Practitioners.
Dowload – CoD self audit toolkit
Self audit toolkit for EMIS Web (set, guide) – Compressed ZIP file (v1) (Download)
Standalone extraction guide for EMIS Web – PDF file (v1) (Download)
Note: We have designed a heuristic evaluation worksheet to identify the strengths and weaknesses for the classification of diabetes self audit toolkit. Please click here to view it.
- Audit form in electronic format – Spreadsheet (v11) (Download)
- Audit toolkit overview flowchart – PDF (Download)
- NHS Diabetes CoD Summary Factsheet 34 – PDF (Download)
- NHS Diabetes & RCGP CoD Final Report – PDF (Download)
- de Lusignan S, Khunti K, Belsey J, Hattersley A, van Vlymen J, Gallagher H, Millett C, Hague NJ, Tomson C, Harris K, Majeed A. A method of identifying and correcting miscoding, misclassification and misdiagnosis in diabetes: a pilot and validation study of routinely collected data.Diabet Med. 2010 Feb;27(2):203-9. PMID: 20546265
- Stone MA, Camosso-Stefinovic J, Wilkinson J, de Lusignan S, Hattersley AT, Khunti K. Incorrect and incomplete coding and classification of diabetes: a systematic review. Diabet Med. 2010 May;27(5):491-7. PMID: 20536944
- de Lusignan S.Flagging fasting plasma glucose specimens: time to routinely label the context in which pathology specimens are recorded. Inform Prim Care. 2009;17(2):63-4. PMID: 19807947
- Bagheri A, Sadek A, Chan T, Khunti K, de Lusignan S. Using surrogate markers in primary electronic patient record systems to confirm or refute the diagnosis of diabetes. Inform Prim Care. 2009;17(2):121-9. PMID: 19807954
- Rollason W, Khunti K, de Lusignan S. Variation in the recording of diabetes diagnostic data in primary care computer systems: implications for the quality of care. Inform Prim Care. 2009;17(2):113-9. PMID: 19807953
- de Lusignan S, Sadek N, Mulnier H, Tahir A, Russell-Jones D, Khunti K. Miscoding, misclassification and misdiagnosis of diabetes in primary care. Diabet Med. 2012 Feb;29(2):181-9. doi: 10.1111/j.1464-5491.2011.03419.x.
- Sadek AR, van Vlymen J, Khunti K, de Lusignan S. Automated identification of miscoded and misclassified cases of diabetes from computer records. Diabet Med. 2012 Mar;29(3):410-4. doi: 10.1111/j.1464-5491.2011.03457.x.