RSV ComNet II 2020-2021: Due to a delay in RSV circulating for the Winter season 2020-2021, this study has been extended over the summer.
Overview: Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) is associated with a high rate of illness in children aged under 5 years. It is important to understand which children develop symptoms requiring further healthcare usage, including primary care, and to identify which groups are at risk of more severe RSV infection requiring hospitalisation or intensive care.
This study will involve a routine virology swab for All Year General Virology and Serology Surveillance from consented patients, under the age of 5 years, who have respiratory symptoms, and then extracting information from their medical records. The parents/guardians of children who test positive for RSV will be followed up by the practice for two short telephone surveys in the month following their child’s presentation in primary care.
- RSV ComNet II GP Information Sheet
- RSV ComNet II Patient Information Sheet (Adults)
- RSV ComNet II Patient Information Sheet (Minors)
- RSV ComNet II Parent/Guardian Consent Form
- RSV ComNet II Study Poster
- RSV ComNet II Study Protocol
- Lab Form for General Virology Surveillance (ERCGP20, December 2020 onwards)
RSV ComNet II Webinar, Tuesday 18th May 2021
Last updated: 18/06/2021